1 May 2011

William and Kate's Flower Girls - the Australian designs they could have worn

Image: (c) PA Wire

Image: Hugo Burnand/Clarence House

Oh the royal wedding. I adored everything about it. Catherine Middleton blew me away with her grace, composure and that dress!

Now, Will and Kate's flower girls were cute, no denying. They wore custom white satin gazar dresses with pale gold sashes, designed by Nicki MacFarlane. I even heard that their names were embroidered in the hems (what a lovely idea!).

But I wonder if the look may have been more modern if they had gone with an Australian-designed flower girl dress? Here are my picks:




Tea Princess Special Occasion Collection - a sweeter, softer option than stiff satin.


Sophie's Lane - Liberty prints (of course) in a soft grey and ivory.


Tutu Du Monde - adorable on the big girls and the little girls, and definitely wearable again.

Let me know if you have another favourite Australian-designed flower girl dress that I can add to this list ...

Steph
x

6 comments:

  1. Love these all Steph! Stephx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like Steph - interested in any other finds people might have :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pretty cross over on the back of that 2nd dress, so sweet! And the little girl in the carriage's dress is super cute with all the tulle. I agree Steph, I think maybe a slighly less traditional choice would have been really cool.
    Jxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Janette - thanks for weighing in; I'm a sucker for tulle and little ones too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that grey Sophie lane one! I think a dress they can wear again is great because then they get to keep feeling like a princess after the big event. For ours we got a simple pretty dress from myer (there was tulle in the little petticat underneth) and my niece wore it regularly for the next year or two and now her younger sister wears it! Can't beat that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree. The flower girl's dresses at the royal wedding were absolutely stunning. I also love the dresses you showed here in your post. Totally adore all of them. I'm sure my granddaughter would be thrilled to see these dresses.:-)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day :)