3 May 2011

Baby Essentials: Carla from Habitat Baby


As well as a gorgeous line of her own organic childrens bedding, Carla from Habitat Baby has some lovely finds for you in Part 9 of the Bondville Baby Essentials series. The cot is to-die-for!!!

Favourite Wrap: I loved the purebaby organic muslin wraps. They are a great size making wrapping a breeze.
Favourite Change Mat: b.box do a great nappy wallet. There's storage for nappies, disposable bag, change mat, built in refillable wipes container - all in a compact box. Australian-designed!

Favourite Mobile: I didn't have one for the girls but came across these dreamy ones the other day from Tamar Mogendorff.

Favourite Cot bedding: Can't go past my own range from Habitat Baby. All our linen is made from certified organic cotton. I love the Geo range. Such a beautiful colour palette - a nice change from the navys and reds for the boys. A full list of our stockists is available online.

Favourite Bath: I love all the products from Ecostore. I've used them all, from the laundry to the kitchen to the bathroom, they have you covered. Not only are they great for the environment and your baby but they smell delicious as well. ecobabe.com.au have a great selection of their products - in fact I think they have all their products!

Favourite Nappy Rash Cream: This is affectionately referred to as the "wonder cream" in our household - Bepanthen tends to fix everything.

Favourite Baby Carrier: I have two favourites. Can't go past the BabyBjörn original for newborns. Another all time favourite of mine is the ERGObaby carrier. Fantastic back support and can be worn on your front, side or back. Suitable for up to 18kg....!

Favourite Cot: I had Boori cots for the girls but so wished the ubabub range was around when I went shopping for cots. They are simply stunning. I love the Nifty Clear. All designed in Australia.

Favourite Pram: I think I have used them all! From Bugaboos, to Mountain Buggies to Maclarens. I do like my twin Maclaren but I must admit it is rather heavy and hard to get in and out of the car. The Mountain Buggy is great for walks but takes up an enormous amount of boot space and is very heavy to lift. My favourite for ease through those shopping aisles (how hard is that with a twin pram!) and the fact that it is super compact and light, is a cheap stroller from Target. Best $60 I've ever spent. The only downfall is that the seats can't be adjusted for sleep time.

Favourite Nappy Bag: The Nest Diaper Bag (formerly Whipstitch), Elliott design .....I loved this bag. Not only is it really practical (I loved that the straps detach so the bag can be easily attached to your pram) but its got some "edge" to it - a nappy bag with attitude! They aren't cheap but the leather is beautiful and once you have finished with nappies it can be used as a handbag - extravagant I know.

Other: One for the Mums.....I don't have one of these personally but I think Uberkate do amazing personalised jewellery. The family tree pendant is one of my faves and is Australian-made.

Other: One for the nursery....love a gorgeous print for a nursery. These Isla and Oski prints from Little Maison are beautiful and are designed and made in Australia.

Thank you so much Carla for your amazing finds. You can read more about Habitat Baby here on Bondville. And please head over to the Habitat Baby website to see the gorgeous range of children's bedding that Carla has created.

-------
The Baby Essentials series coming to a close - just one more interview left and then I'll be wrapping up with all your favourites. Don't forget to comment below on your essential items for baby so that I can include them.

2 comments:

  1. Great tips, Carla. I am 6 weeks off having bub no. 3 and am finding this series very useful. I've purchased lots of things that the various contributors have recommended. Love your Geo range. Definitely keeping it in mind if I have a boy! Can't wait for the next installment, Steph. Cheers, Vanessa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work on the blog post! Really appreciate that big time! Keep up
    the good work on the blog!I really really wish this would work.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day :)