20 August 2009

Crumbless Banana-Passionfruit Yoghurt Muffins

I was inspired by yesterday's ultimate Aussie cupcakes post to do some baking, and made these incredibly delicious low-crumb banana passionfruit yoghurt muffins that are super-moist. A hit at our place! I found the recipe on Kerri's Millie Molly Moo blog, who found it on Jac and Kate's Three Little Trees blog, who found it on Lisa's ModEco Kids blog from near Toronto, Canada.

I took Jac and Kate's advice and used passionfruit yoghurt and I have to say that the result was stunning. Banana and passionfruit are a match made in heaven! These muffins were so quick and easy to make and will definitely go into the keeper binder. I might try wholegrain flour and less sugar next time. And maybe a cream cheese icing to make it into a cupcake.

What is the difference between a muffin and a cupcake anyway?

Image: Steph Bond

6 comments:

  1. I think of cupcakes as small in cakes and huge in cream and decoration :)

    Your muffins look very yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anh! That's little Sophie's hand reaching in, about to devour one. So if I ice these muffins next time I can call them cupcakes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was inspired also and made chocolate cake with butter cream icing. I'm still keen to go over the cupcake couture though - YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum, those sound good! I'll have to check out the recipe on your about me section. What a cute pic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Benita - I may have to join you at Cupcake Couture.

    Alison - I'm looking forward to your feedback on how to improve it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome, I'm going to have to bake these myself!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day :)