21 May 2013

Voices of 2013 awards - top 25 Creative and Home blogs

Holy Moley. That's all I can say. I was beyond thrilled to receive an email from Kidspot to say that I was a finalist in the Voices of 2013 awards - one of the top 25 Creative and Home blogs in Australia. And then... I saw the finalists page on the site and just about fell off my chair. Look - it's me! And look at the callibre of the bloggers on there - Pia Jane Bijkerk!!! Eat Drink Chic!!! the red thread!!! And more! The food, fashion and parenting categories are amazing too. This is some serious business:

Kidspot Voices of 2013 Creative and Home category

I'm incredibly honoured and flattered. On Saturday night I went to the Voices of 2013 launch  in Sydney (grinning from ear-to-ear) and met some of my favourite bloggers and re-connected with others.

I hadn't seen Maddie from Colour Me There since high school (what are the chances!), got to meet Pip from Meet Me At Mike's and Bron (maxabella loves) for the first time, and Cintia from My Poppet who is just as much fun in real life. It was great catching up with Lisa (the red thread), Viv (ish & chi), Lexi (pottymouthmama), Babs (Patchwork Cactus), Susie (Flowerpress), Rebecca (Wee Birdy), and Belinda (The Happy Home).

And there were new friends to make too. Ali from At Home With Ali is just about the loveliest person you will ever meet and has an incredible blog full of ideas for being creative with kids. And Alana from HouseGoesHome who is warm, engaging, super-interesting, and just about the best blog writer I have ever met - her site is a hoot! (And she was wearing the Marc Jacobs mouse shoes... and she has just been to a southern wedding in North Carolina... there was too much fabulousness going on).

Marc Jacobs mouse shoes
I spent all evening gas-bagging, and not taking photos, but there are lots to see on Instagram and Twitter (#voicesof2013). When Kidspot posts all the photos from the night I will share then with you. The awards program runs all year with some great prizes (including a trip to NYC, writing contracts and Ford cars!), so I will let you know how it progresses. But seriously, I'm overwhelmed to just be a finalist.

Thank you Kidspot, justb., Vogue, Taste.com.au, and sponsors Ford and The Good Guys!

8 comments:

  1. It was such a fun day, Steph. So fab to finally meet you!!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steph - meeting you was one of the highlights of my night! Thx for the kind words. I am a new Bondville convert, such a gorgeous blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Steph - you thoroughly deserve being there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay Steph! Bondville is one of my fave Australian blogs! It was a great night... always lovely to share a bevvy with you. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Steph! Looking forward to catching up again soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Steph,
    It was absolutely wonderful to meet you. Thank you so much for your kind words.... right back at you :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day :)