4 July 2011

Donna Hay macaron packet mix

Donna Hay macaron packet mix
Well, Masterchef helped a lot, but it seems that macarons really have hit the bigtime. Check out my post about macarons back here in 2008 when I thought they might take over from cupcakes. I still think they are a bit less accessible than a cupcake (hence my prediction of the whoopie pie here!), but they are enjoying the spotlight nonetheless.

Donna Hay was super-clever to be the first to bring out a macaron packaged mix to help those of who are intimidated by Adriano Zumbo to take the leap. Have you tried it yet? Clare from mondocherry did an amazing job. As did the product tester at taste.com.au.

I might try adding a few drops of raspberry juice for my big girl's birthday party in September (yes the planning has begun!). Will keep you posted...

You can find Almond Macaron with Chocolate Filling packet mix by Donna Hay in the Donna Hay online store, the Donna Hay General Store in Sydney, as well as various supermarkets.

Image: Donna Hay

5 comments:

  1. Ive got a packet in the pantry! Havent yet had the chance to make them, soon I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw those advertised in the latest Woollies mag - I'll be scrounging a pack of them for sure! Mmmmmm... they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Might just try these on the kiwi relatives this weekend...let you know !
    Thanks for a lovely evening ABCD Meet up....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have tried making them from scratch and they are not easy! So this packet mix if it works would be a great cheat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like Jane, i have tried a couple of times to make these from scratch but have not been successful. It's easier to drive over to Zumbo's shop and buy them (and that's hard to say as i LOVE cooking).

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day :)