11 January 2011

Christmas 2010

We had a lovely relaxing Christmas at Nanna and Pops' house at the Sunshine Coast this year. That meant lots of sleep-ins and opportunities to go to the movies as they are great babysitters. We loved Lil Fockers and The King's Speech. Unfortunately there wasn't much to like about The Tourist (hard as I tried). We even managed to go out for New Years Eve on Sunshine Beach (and see in the new year!), and get away for a night to a great little hideaway at Maleny.

One of my favourite parts of the holiday was pottering about in the kitchen with Mum making food for Christmas. We made strawberry martinis, prawns wrapped in ham and grilled, potato salad, half a leg ham glazed with cranberry sauce, carrot and cashew salad, and a pistachio, cherry and rose semifreddo with strawberries for dessert.

The strawberry martinis were a hit and we made those for the rest of the holidays. I also fell in love with Jamie magazine (Jamie Oliver is one of my favourite cookbook authors/tv personalities - I just love his relaxed, rustic style). I think I might have to try a few more.

We managed to get to the Eumundi markets a few times, despite the rain, and I picked up my yearly Wild Bear dress for my big girl - so beautifully made and gorgeous material. After making the cupcake dress, I appreciate the work that has gone into these handmade dresses so much more. Read more about Wild Bear on Bondville.

Images: Steph Bond-Hutkin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day :)