17 June 2013

Ellie Beck recycled skateboard jewellery

Hang on - super-cool necklaces and bangles handmade from recycled/upcycled skateboard decks? I'm in! My friend Ellie Beck and her husband Sam Messina make these amazing jewellery pieces using their stash of broken skateboards in the hinterland of Murwillumbah in Northern NSW. They're bright, fun, sustainable and each piece is one-of-a-kind - totally my style.

These bangles are cut, sanded and finished by hand. Each has a coloured side and a cool scratched-graphic side to amp up the cred.

Most skateboards are made from seven-ply of Canadian Maple in a rainbow of colours.

The rainbow skateboard deck bead necklaces are incredible too. Each is strung on a vintage brass chain.

Honestly, you can't go wrong with any of Ellie and Sam's skateboard pieces - either for yourself or as a gift. Head over to the Ellie Beck online store to pick one up. I love them all.

Images: Ellie Beck

7 comments:

  1. Hang on - super-cool necklaces and bangles handmade from recycled/upcycled skateboard decks? I'm in! My friend Ellie Beck and her husband Sam Messina make these amazing jewellery pieces. pearl pendant

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo, love the bangles! Great find :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Steph, I've had 2 x bdays to buy for in the last month, so sis-in-law got Zillpa rope bowls (which she loved) and a friend now has an ellie beck bracelet on the way to her. must be time for a selfie present next methinks. cheers. Rachael.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rach - I'm sooooo happy to hear that! It makes me feel so proud that we are supporting local designers and handmade products. Thanks for reading and supporting and I hope you friends love them to bits!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Steph
    What a nice idea - today I've ordered two of the lovely bracelets - I really love them! Happy greetings from the other side of the world (Zurich, Switzerland), Masha

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautifully crafted with love ~ makes all the difference :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day :)