30 May 2013

Simple and chic flower garden 4th birthday party from My Poppet

Blogger and Craft/DIY maven Cintia Gonzalez (My Poppet) put together a simple and chic birthday party for her daughter Emma who recently turned four. Don't you just adore the giant crepe paper flower on the table? This is proof that a party doesn't need to be too elaborate or expensive to look fantastic. I also love the healthy food on offer and... no goodie bags (yay!). Cintia shares her tips and tricks for Emma's flower garden party:

Party: Emma's 4th Birthday
Organised by: Emma's mum, Cintia (My Poppet)
Location: Melbourne, VIC
Theme: Flower Garden party



Cake: Number four flower cake, homemade from the Australian Womens Weekly Children's Birthday Cake book - vintage collector's edition (see directions on My Poppet)

Decorations: Handmade crepe paper flowers (inspired by this tutorial by Ruche on Design Sponge), crepe paper table runner and garland from a local party supply store. 



Party food: Finger sandwiches (made by Mum), deviled eggs (see recipe on My Poppet), veggie flowers using carrots, cucumber and cheese cubes, scones with jam and cream, and chips.

Games/activities: There were no organised activities - just eating, conversation and an impromptu game of hide and seek.

Tips: crepe paper is a great way to add colour quickly and inexpensively. Total cost of decorations and paper goods was under $10. Ask family to bring a plate to take the pressure off last minute food preparation.

Something special: Each little guest was given a giant flower to take home as a party favour. The fact that there was no treat bags went unnoticed

Thank you so much Cintia!  Head over to Cintia's blog My Poppet for more photos, recipes, and instructions on how to make the cake.

Images: Cintia Gonzalez (My Poppet)

2 comments:

  1. Emma must have LOVED her party! A Happy Birthday to her! I love the pops of colour and how bright and happy everything is! I wish My Poppet shared the stationery too, like the birthday invitations. Everything looks so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute are the carrot and cucumber flowers!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day :)