12 November 2011

Australian Artist Spotlight: Meredith Gaston

My friend Renay is one of the most stylish people that I know so when she mentioned some new artwork that she had just had framed for her daughters, I raced over to her car to check it out. There peeking out behind bubble wrap were the gorgeous wide-eyed characters of Sydney/Berlin-based artist Meredith Gaston.






Meredith creates paintings, watercolours and illustrations where rosy-cheeked nymphettes play with swans and love birds amongst a patchwork of colourful dreamworlds. Her artworks are brilliant for little ones with their active imaginations (and big ones too). The hardest part will be choosing just one (I'm sure I couldn't).

Oh - and Meredith has also published a beautifully illustrated book Tucked In: For Everyone Having a Doona Day which aims to help us "discover that our tucked-in time can be as creative as it is restorative, enriching our days and bringing joy to our lives". Sounds lovely to a snoozer like me.


You can find Meredith Gaston artwork on the website (contact Meredith directly) as well as galleries around Australia. Find more amazing Australian artists in the Australian Artist Spotlight category here on Bondville.

2 comments:

  1. Does Roan's Room need another piece of art? I think so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hard to find nice artwork for little girls that is still a bit chic but girly. They are lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day :)