27 July 2011

Low-Guilt Chocolate Raspberry Muffins

Low-Guilt Chocolate Raspberry MuffinsLow-guilt muffins! I wanted to make a moderately healthy muffin/cupcake with my girls and with my stash of Belgian Callebaut chocolate, and a bag of frozen raspberries in the freezer (for our morning porridge) I went hunting.

Well, I found this great Chocolate Cherry Muffin recipe over at Passionate About Baking (amended from this recipe at Cooking During Stolen Moments), and started experimenting. I've made these muffins six times now and they are always great. The recipe is super-easy (my 3.5 year old makes them with my supervision), requires no sifting, no beating, no butter, only one egg, and includes wholemeal flour.

My changes:
I replace the 1/2 cup dried cherries with 1/2 cup of frozen raspberries.
I reduce the sugar to 1/2 cup.
I increase the cooking time to 25 minutes.
I have taken out the cocoa (also successful), and used only wholemeal flour (grainy on the tongue - not so successful).

I bet this recipe would also be great with fresh cherries, frozen mixed berries, white chocolate, nuts, etc. Let me know if you try it!

(PS: hemp screen-printed placemat by Blossom Creations)

1 comment:

  1. I made your version of this recipe today Steph and they are awesome! Thanks for sharing :)
    Jade XXX

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day :)