24 February 2011

Rebecca Cool Art


Have you noticed? I've been thinking for a long time about how to best represent Australian design and art on the Bondville banner, and as I was tucking in my big girl last night I looked up and knew I had to feature Rebecca Cool.

After the birth of our first daughter, we bought a beautiful artwork called New Baby for her room, by Western Australian artist and book illustrator Rebecca Cool. Rebecca's mixed media artwork (which I have featured here on Bondville before) utilises vintage fabric, sourced from her own stashes and sent to her by her many fans. Her artworks start with the fabric, and grow organically from there. Rebecca's signature faces, whimsical composition and folk style give me such joy; her work always makes my heart sing.

I hope it does for you too. Thank you Rebecca for allowing me to feature your amazing talent on Bondville.

Image: New Baby by Rebecca Cool

7 comments:

  1. Oh I love this and it looks terrific on your banner.

    Am off to explore Rebecca's work now - very Mirka Mora'ish wouldn't you say?

    Felicity x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Felicity you're so on-the-money with your Mirka Mora comparison. And thank you Maxabella!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there! Rebecca Cool is awesome! I have her book Isobels Garden, which is just delightful. And she painted the murals for the local primary schools kitchen garden, where my son now attends.
    We are lucky to have such a talented artist living locally!
    I might even have to post something on her work at the kitchen garden so you can all see more of her fab work!

    Nic xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kate - thanks as always for your support.

    Nic - firstly Happy Birthday!!!! And secondly, I'm so thrilled to see the gates for the garden that you posted on Alice Becomes. What lucky lucky kids. For anyone else visiting, here's the link: http://alicebecomes.blogspot.com/2011/03/too-cool-for-rebeccas-school.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. love love her work
    we bought one when our daughter was born too

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day :)