28 April 2009

Brown Owls Brisbane Crochet Granny Squares

I was never a Girl Guide or a Brownie, but I was in Girls Brigade. And although we had a great time, I have always wondered what it would be like to wear that mushroom brown uniform and bake cookies and do all the things that Brownies do. So I did the next best thing, and joined the Brown Owls group in Brisbane.

This group is decidedly for big kids and we like to get together once a month to have some morning tea and work on a craft project. This weekend we worked on crocheting granny squares. I had worked on crochet with my Mum when I was young, and it's amazing how it all comes flooding back. It was lovely to craft and chat Next step - doilies. I'd love to make some sweet patches to sew onto Sophie's jeans.
I had a lovely time chatting to Alischa from Bespoke Letterpress Boutique, so really didn't get too far in 2 hours, but I think the chatting, baked goodies, cup of tea and relaxed atmosphere with other like-minded people is great for the soul.

A special thanks to Em from EmBelish for the excellent tuition and hands-on help. For more previous meetings, check out this post. For more pics, check out Helen's blog and Rebecca's post on the Brown Owls member blog.

Brown Owls was conceived by Pip from Meet Me At Mike's. For more information on Brown Owls and a chapter near you, check out the official blog.

Images: Steph Bond-Hutkin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day :)